Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Witnessing

You know.. I think of witnessing, as "telling people" about my faith, my God, my hope..... But Friday I really had a eye opener.... A woman at my work (no Christian- who actually refuses to hear about God~from what I hear from other Christians at work) came up to me and asked me a question. She told me that she was going to ww and that I really "inspired her". I know I had to look like a 2x4 hit me on the head! I stood there and babbled "what?" She laughed and said I read your workout blog everyday and it has inspired me to start getting in shape. First, I had NO idea she even knew about my blog! I had sent it out only to a few friends at work. I guess they passed it on. I never really thought much about it. To me its just a journal with God and with whoever wants to peek into this gal's mind as she struggles and overcomes with life,fitness and developing a deeper relationship with Christ. It holds me accountable, helps me jot out my constant stories in my head, and the sometimes weird outlook on daily happenings. ~~But God using it? Never really thought about it... Not that blog.
She went on to say that I make her laugh, get her pumped up and made her decide to get fit. I could do nothing but just stare... I thought.. "I could careless if you loose weight.... But Girl I would LOVE to see you jump on that spiritually fit workout!" After she left.. I was so excited. The thought that God could use this chubby gal who has no coordination, and weird sense of humor to lead non-believers closer to YOU........ By blogging my often mishaps in attempting to workout?? I wanted to do jumping jacks! I resisted.. Figuring the co-workers would fill out that pink slip for mental health on me. I went to my office grinned like a fool and did a little happy dance when no one was looking. Now I am more determined than ever to keep that blog going.... To keep being honest (regardless how embarrassing) and keep Praising the Lord!
So if anyone pops on here and I don't have a new post.. You could always check on the and find me fighting the good fight of Faith! Please continue to pray for this.... For this woman who reads,and the others who may not know HIM!
In Christ~
Corina

4 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    It is amazing how God allows those slips of information to creep into the minds of our friends who do not believe. I have one of those, but she's gonna come around. You just watch! hehe

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i found that blog first, before this one, and LOVE it.

    But, DUDE. CORINA! Quit with the 'chubby gal' stuff! Maybe you need a New Phrase Contest, open to your readers. But please, let's come up with an uplifting positive nickname for your commitment to health, already, and lose that other one. Hello? Don'tya think you deserve that after all your early morning antics?! :D

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Hey Corina! Witnessing seems to be on the brain for everyone as I have my own story that I'd hoping to get posted soon. I enjoyed hearing your own.

    You also give me something to think about. I'm kind of private about my blog and haven't sent it out to family and friends. Not that I'm trying to hide it, but I use other people as my material sometimes so I would worry if they realized they were reading about themselves.

    To HolyMama's comment, some of the girls around my workplace were using some of the mantra's from the Biggest Loser Show. Maybe we can come up with something more positive & inspiring like... HolyLoser. Okay, maybe that one isn't good but you get the idea.

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    Dana-I know! What is sad is that I have never "thought" about praying for those here at work! And as you know.... they need it! We all do! Well that is my "prayer mission".
    Holy- LOL, I had to re-read it because I thought.... "I make it a point not to say that anymore!":-) **due to soooooooomebody yelling at me.. hehe** I often type/think on here and don't re-read. Maybe that is why I found whole words missing when I just went back over it... LIKE your idea...hmmmm
    Christian Woman- I know what you mean... I make it a point not to say anything about my momma since she reads this!
    LOVE YOU MOM :-) Your wonderful... And cook the best Lasagana in the world..... HINT-HINT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home