Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mexico Missions

I wrote a response to a friend this morning who was asking about my last Easter Mexico Mission trip......... Thought I would share
Girl, Mexico was wild!! I was so scared!! Would not admit it to Sim
was afraid he wouldn't let me go. Here at work I was getting intel
saying that they were taking hostages, women (blonde)were highest
risk level... Here I was blonde, female and ready to pee my pants
everytime I heard the Sheriff, Chief, and my Major lecture me
about "how stupid" I was to go there now when risk levels were
highest in THAT area.. Due to 2 rebel camps on both sides!! I
prayed.. I pleaded... And got stubborn. One night God revealed to
me that as soon as my feet hit the dirt in Mexico that I was gonna
be "walking on water".. I studied the chapter in the bible about
Peter walking on water... I noticed that Peter saw Christ out there,
but didn't step out of the boat til Christ called him.. When called
he walked on water... I studied when he started to sink.. Only when
he focused on the storm around him.. But as soon as he touched His
hand.. he was again on water.. God had called me... And reassured me
that the whole time in Mexico, that the dirt there was water... Where
the miracles are. So I went expecting. I remember the rattling
plane (only second time flying!! Thank goodness I went on a NORMAL
plane the first time!!) the airport I could see from the window....
then all the sudden we turned ready to descend & I saw nothing but
water... I started to cry.. The fear was still lingering way back in
a corner.. til then.. We had went out over the ocean which was right
next to the strip... But like a sign from our forever Loving
Father... I looked at all this blue shimmering water & I remembered
Him telling me that my feet would be on water. Off the plane I will
never forget my first step. The feel of it below my feet.. The
knowing that I was holding onto Gods hand. I grinned like a goof
which caused others to look at me like I done lost my mind.
That week I saw, 32 teenagers( I wrote their names in my "Mexico
bible") give their lives to the Lord.. Saw more adults turn from
their ways and choose His path, I saw a woman healed from cancer, I
saw the power of God keep us from being killed by corrupt police all
with machine guns ( 2 hours after getting there!) I led a young boy
to the Lord without speaking a single word.. Just highlighted Spanish
verses and led him thru the Romans Rd... Which was interesting.. I
was highlighting.. Had him read, then go to next one.. I accidentally
highlighted the verse about Rahab.. And gasped.. I flipped to the
right next one without showing him what I highlighted.. He gave his
life to the Lord.. When he left that night I told the interpreter
(who vanished most of the first day leaving us without knowing a
word!)what I did.. And was worried about him later rereading all the
highlights and seeing that.... I cried when he told me that it was
a "God thing" because that boy's mom was a prostitute. I balled
thinking about how he will see how God can even use a prostitute...
redeem her... Clean her.. Give this young 16 yr old boy hope.. The
next day he brought his friends and brother who gave their lives to
the Lord.. He knew that it was God.. Because he didn't know me, I
didn't know him, couldn't even speak the same language to know his
family secret.... God is good... There is so much I could tell about
Mexico.. The miracles I saw... God was so faithful...
I can not wait to go back and see all my babies!! I miss them so
much!! they had never seen a blonde and the whole time kept
touching my hair thinking it should be cold feeling... One little one
rubbed my arms trying to figure out what those blue veins were and
why the "ink" didn't come off.. YES I am that pale!! hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home