Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Settling Down

Breathe........... In and ........Out
Ok, I survived the hoopla of the shopping,eating, late nights, and more eating. There were a lot of things that I noticed this Christmas that made me really look at what it's suppose to be about... I got to watch and listen to people this year. I too was busy, doing last minute shopping, trying to prepare meals on a time limit, juggling family gatherings, but this year was different. I felt peace. Not so much in what was going on around me, but what was going on IN me. I watched kids focused on the presents, watched parents worry about who got more, heard tale tale talk about "well I always spend..........Much more than I am this year... " Almost as if its not the blessing, but the pricing that is important. I heard sadness in voices of those who could not see loved ones this year... Either due to death or just distance. I saw attitudes flare, and heard mean words in the mist of what was a little stress. I really got to spiritually sit at a distance and really SEE this year. I think of the scripture in Matt 12:33-37 out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speak..... Then goes on to talk about every idle word and judgment. I was amazed and disappointed in some of the stuff I learned about others whom I love, and myself. I heard degrading and complaining comments from spouses to other family members as that spouse of target sat at the table. I watched the emotions play over their face, first embarrassment, anger, biting back retribution, then acceptance and hardness. I wanted to jump up and say, "Ye without sin cast ye the first stone!" Wanna air dirty laundry? But I didn't, I got up and walked away, trying to block out the talk and pray for the targets. My heart went thru all the emotions of all the other targets... But I just continued to pray. God has really become a personal "friend" here in the past year... I talk to Him about everything.... Not just the old "hey, I need this, want this, or give me this" But "Hey, I sure am glad I got you. You never leave me or forsake me, you never talk to me like I am less, I can ALWAYS count on you to be a comforter, a refuge, my savior." I have found a secret....... A secret of Praise. I firmly believe this peace I have been praying for...... Is equal to Praise. I praise Him when things are great, when they are so-so, and when they stink..... He is always worthy of PRAISE!! Just like the blessed distance He gave me this year..... I could PRAISE Him the whole time!! This was my best Christmas ever.
God is soo good!!
PRAISE=PEACE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home