Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Our Lord speaking tenderly to us

I have 45 minutes everyday to drive to and from work... I have been using that time to either listen to Praise songs, or teachings on tape. Right now I am listening to a teaching called SHE. It is good, sometimes drags out, but has scripture in it that will smack you right between the eyes.... Yesterday I had that... Hosea 2:14-23 He is talking about a woman(Hosea's wife) who is basically.. How do I say it?? Sleeps around. He allures her into a isolated spot and speaks tenderly to her. Telling her that he will restore her vineyards, open a door of hope in her troubles, and she will find joy there that she had once known.. Alike when she first became free. He tells her that from that day she will call him Ishi( male authority- husband, no longer her idols. He goes on to say He will take the names of Baalim (Idols, masters,false Gods) and they will no longer be remembered by their name. He talks about the covenant He makes with the earth, the living creatures and the battle on earth making them lie down safely.
~~~ (19) I will betroth thee unto me forever,yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in loveingkindness, and in mercies............
another words.... He will pledge a marriage with us forever.. Again He repeats the word betroth (pledge- marriage)us with righteousness, judgment, loving kindness and MERCY!! Praise God!!
Our Lord doesn't stop there... He says He will even betroth unto us in faithfulness.......... WE shall KNOW the Lord. That's what I want I want to KNOW the Lord... To dine with Him, speak with Him, spend time with Him, trust in Him, Love Him.
He wants that with us ladies... He wants to love on us, speak tenderly to us, to betroth unto us.... For us to KNOW Him, and know by His promises that others here on this earth may speak harshly, act worldly, or troubles might surround us.. But HE is always there to allure us out into one on one time with HIM and speak softly onto our soft sometimes battered hearts.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said…

    Hi Corinna,

    Saw your comment on my mentor's blog, Jen Tiszai. We're all writers and members of the American Christian Fiction Writers. It's a fantastic group if you're looking for people to encourage, teach and help hold you accountable for your writing. Not to mention all the great personal connections.

    I hope you come check us out. We always love to have new people around. :)

    God Bless,

    Malia

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger MrsDawsondn said…

    Well praise God that was a wonderful run through. I love the Lord and I am so happy that he loves me. He is very much to us like Hosea was with his wife. Even when we turn our backs on him he is still there loving us I try as best as I can to work on living a life acceptable unto God killing out this flesh daily.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home