Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Monday, January 09, 2006

So much in-- where do I begin?

I don't know where to start!! I have had a major breakthrough kind of weekend!! Not my "best" weekend but a break through weekend still!!
I have seen God move in areas that had me grinning and Praising Him!
We (Christian Fit Women) started an accountability partnership kinda thing that I talked about earlier, well this weekend it all just fell together.. We have a yahoo message board.. Linking blogs and getting to know each other. A blessing already!
At church we had a awesome service that really hit, fueled my flame, and got me really thinking, Praising, and Thanking Him for all that He is! Later I will write out some of my insights I jotted down in my trusty notebook.
But right now.... I just want to share about a awesome thing God did this weekend!!
During our Adopt A Block meeting.. A beautiful Hispanic woman walked in and looked confused... I spoke with her and found out that she worked for a local agency that helped pregnant women go to appointments, stay clean, learn basics of caring for a baby,and anything else that they need to know to deliver a healthy baby. They stay with that mom until the baby is a year old.. Of course I was thrilled to hear about this program and my little mind whirled with all the women we meet on block who are expecting or have a newborn.. She went on to tell me that she was waiting across the street with a "client" suppose to be having a check up appointment.. No one was there and she saw people trailing in our open front door, so came in to check it out...I told her a little about us and she looked like she was either gonna cry, hoot, or laugh... "I had just been praying about finding some way of doing more" followed a big smile. She asked if she could go get her "client".. 30 minutes later, I have to admit I forgot she was in the back of the room with her "client" a wonderful Hispanic speaking woman who sat quietly. Actually I forgot anyone was in the room except the Lord! I heard a clear smooth voice speak up from the back when Sim (Leader/speaker of AAB meetings~ my gorgeous husband) asked if anyone had testimony. I turned and was blessed immediately as she told us how she happened onto this by accident... How she had been looking for a way to use her gifts and her dreams of running a clinic for women in need... How this is an answered prayer.

She has NO idea how much so... How this meeting.. The appointment at 10 am- that was a "mistake"- watching people file into the brick house looking office across the street, and what she has to offer... Is just that a Answered Prayer. For the Ministry in a whole!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home