Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My other blog~~

I started the "Corina's workout" blog with the intent to journal my 42 day commitment... & Today I realized that I have 4 days left and my promise I made with God will be met in a few days... He didn't promise me I would lose 40lbs or anything.... But He did promise years ago, that if I draw close to him... He would draw close to me. Psalm 145:18 says "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him...." In my days of journaling, laughing, I have realized a few good things.....
#1 I am waaaaaaaaay NOT coordinated
#2 I never thought that I would find such funny, sweet, and encouraging people here on the internet!
3# That I am scary looking in the morning and am in desperate need of a new workout wardrobe.
4# That I NEED to do this.
I came across scripture today that sums it all up...."Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1Cor 10:31~~
How many times have I heard juuuuuuust the end of that "what you do, do for the glory of God" but I never thought about the whole verse.. I know its important or He wouldn't have bothered putting it in!
You know............ I think I am gonna keep Corinas workout going.... at least until I reach my goal weight, which is another 27lbs to loose... So if you wanna join me still... Keep reading... AND NO you can NOT place polls on if I break anything! Now my hubby on the other hand... If he keeps giving me his "compliments"--term used veeeeeeeeeery sarcastically I might make a poll chart myself!! :-) So far everyone's favorite "hubby support comment has been : "Honey you are whittling down to nothing... I use to be able to grab all your fat rolls before!"~~ Eeeek- he will learn... I hope!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Heather Smith said…

    I think we all learn things when we look back on our lives. Me, I think, "Was that me being sooooooooooooooo stupid?" More "o's" are probably needed on that so, but you get what I'm saying. Its nice to see that we learn along the way. As for me, I'm striving to work for the glory of God! Thanks, Corina!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea for keeping the other site! And let's all just take a moment to pray for your husband, because OH. MY. GOSH. I just gasp when i read whatever he's done or said lately! (yeah, people probably say that about me too)

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    Heather- I know what you mean... its exciting though!!
    Holymama-- LOL~ he's gonna need it! :-) You too huh?? hehe

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I refuse to diet...refuse to. I have few vices as it is and I refuse to give up the one I REALLY enjoy...eating! Matter of fact, I think I hear chocolate chip cookies calling me!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    awww you just HAD to tease the chubby gal!! :-) Poor kids... I never buy cookies anymore! They just LOVE momma being on a diet!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home