Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Being "Christian Fit Women"

I have noticed that I don't write as much in this blog.... I think it is because I feel more serious in this one than my www.corinasworkout.blogspot.com. There I can tell my everyday fight, my battles, my life. But isn't that how we do everything?? I "behave" around some people and "be me" around others... I think it is that whole comfortable thing. I am comfortable around family, close friends and basically anyone who knows what a real goof I am. I love to laugh, play, Praise the Lord without restrictions, and just Rejoice. On one blog I talk about getting in "shape physically" and on this I talk about what God is doing to get me in "shape spiritually"........... But is there a difference? I don't think so.... I think He has called me into a season of getting in shape for a reason.... Both physically and spiritually.... I am sure that these tools are needed in the near future...
I get excited thinking about what He has planned..The reason behind my drive to workout, to blog, to study HIS Word, to share, to be honest.... Its hard sometimes.. To be REALLY honest.. To open up your personal relationship with Lord, to expose your "before" weights or where He brought you from..... The everyday battles we face, a pound lost and a pound gained sometimes............The days of feeling bad and realizing that not every day your gonna feel like smiling, being merciful, full of grace or even sticking to your commitment of daily exercise...........Being blunt about your temptations, rather it be M & M's or sinful thoughts............ To holding yourself accountable to others...........My group of "Christian Fit Women" that we formed holds us up in prayer, encouragement, and will say....... "Hey did you do your exercise.. Did stick to your diet?"
Today.... I think about us............... Christian Women....... Do we really hold eachother up in the same way?? Do we say "Hey, did you pick up your sword today? Did you show Christ thru you today?" Do we pray, encourage or just listen to eachother?
I prayed for a mentor, for a mentoree....... God has answered in part....... I have a wonderful 24 year old woman who needs a mentor.... God has placed our hearts together for a purpose..... Can I show her Christ in me? Can God use my old junk, old weight to somehow bring Glory to Him? I am making myself open.. Trusting in HIM to keep my heart safe in His hands. I am exposed. I am getting FIT.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Your words show that God has already given you the power to mentor this 24 year old woman. "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." ;)

    It is hard 'showing' God through our actions, but with perserverence, we can do it. He stands beside us, giving us strength and the know how to do it. We just have to be obedient enough to follow.

    I enjoyed reading your blog. And you're in law enforcement!! My hubby is a cop here in Oklahoma. Way cool! God has chosen the two of you as vessels to spread His word. The ugliness my husband faces on a daily basis hurts him, but with God guiding him, he is able to perform his job the way it was intended... to help and inform. God gives us opportunities every day to let others know about Him, even if we don't open our mouths... through our actions. I'm so glad you wear the badge of God with pride! (along with the badge of the law, too!)

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    Thank you.. I its amazing how different my life is in the 8 years of being a deputy. I worked in a jail for 4 years and became "hard." I began to look at people like they were worthless and could not change. Seeing the same people come in and out time after time. God shook me as one night I held a mans neck who was coming back after attempting to hang himself. I stared into his eyes praying, telling him to hold on and realized I cared. For this soul who thought there was no hope. I look back now and see that this mans eyes of hopelessness changed something back in me.. Mercy. After that, he returned... I remember one night they were planning a "jump" and the others were going to jump me to escape, being I was a woman and small (at the time :-)). Just so happen that same man was placed in that cell...(another return) He stopped the plan, and warned us. He called me the "his angel with blue eyes"
    God has a way of using what satan meant for evil and turning it around to bring Glory to His name. God is ALWAYS in control, reguardless of what we "think". Thank you for your words, your encouragement and tell your husband that I am greatful that there is another "peace keeper" out there bringing light to a lost and dying world. You are both in my prayers.
    In Christ~
    Corina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home