Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Friday, February 24, 2006

My morning battle with the automated phone system

We were given a business in June... Well, I thought he was changing the vendor number and he thought I was.... We just realized that neither one has done it. I had attempted to a while ago and was told that he would have to since it was in his name.. I told him that. Which goes back to the thinking he was changing it. My husband called and said "Can you take care of this?" I thought sure, shouldn't be that big of a deal.... FIRST mistake...
Here is my email back to my husband after the ALL morning mission... My gripe.......

OK-
Called *previous owner* He was a little mouthy, and explained how he didn't have time to mess with this.... I guess he figures I have ALL the time in the world to do this that should have been done months ago.... Ah, yeah.... Its HIS number, name and tax amounts coming to HIM... You would think he would make time to get the tax stuff out of his name...
Anyway.. I called....
Sec of State-(who *previous owner* said handled vendor numbers, and basically thought I was a idiot when I said County handled it)- They said "We have nothing to do with it"~~The ONLY thing we need to file with them is 521 State Agent Update (in Corina terms~~ a new address label for them to mail us their junk mail) I will download it from website and fill it out. They said "call the county" ~~~ Guess blonde girl isn't as dumb as he thinks!

County Auditor~ can not transfer old vendor number to us.. But can get our own and PRE date it to June 1st no problemo~~ Leslie ~xxx-xxxx She said that depending on what it is.. , LLC, Inc, Corp, ex... Depends on what to bring in. She started to rattle every thing off but my ears/mind/pen refused to work as fast as she was saying for each category.. So I figure, you tell me which it is and I will call back to get just that list.

IRS--- (can you say........... OMGOSH they have all this money and can't afford to have LIVE people answer the phones?) After being transferred a billion times "press 1, say 2, press 8 to repeat" then comes to the end of this tunnel to Call 1-800-xxx-xxxx for businesses. So, the now twitching me calls... Only to go thru the same number punching game.. I have learned if you are not fast enough, you hear "Your choice could not be processed.. Good Bye." then dial tone. So my morning exercise was jumping towards the phone number keys hoping my ears/mind/fingers were all on the same wave length.-- You know me... So there was a lot of "Crap! I am gonna choke someone if I ever do talk to someone who is breathing!" When I did Finally get a actual person.... I am so thrilled that I can't speak. On the 3rd hello, I gush out... "Oh thank you." Which probably made her wonder who she plucked from the circling black hole vortex of a phone system they have. After 2 seconds of talking to her, telling her my dilemma.... I begin to think that the machine had more personality. I am told (thru nasal)"you can not have this information"... "I must speak to the actual owner"... soooooooooooooo, anotherwords I had a twenty minute finger pressing workout for nothing! I asked for the direct line to her, which she guarded as highly as her stupid info "she could not give me".. I believe she use to be a worker for the Pentagon. Instead I heard "just click thru the options" I had to ask.... "Do you know which numbers to push"....... She of course said, "No, I never listen to it" Lucky her... And I told her so.
*Previous owners* office- OF course I did not get to speak to him... Talked to his receptionist who typed in my, I am sure not so friendly message that "He needs to take care of it, they won't talk to me.... STILL" He however I believe should replace the above secretary.... He never missed a beat and remained friendly. I apologized and gave him the LAST number the IRS transferred me to, and which department to hope to hear in the 23 hundred options...

You know........... a little part of me has to grin knowing that when *previous owner* calls that number.... he too will be sucked into the spiraling, mind boggling,finger cramping madness. I shouldn't feel that way.............. But :-) Have fun buddy!

Well my dear... That was as far as I could go with it... Hopefully by the time you see me tonight, the trets moments have passed and I won't have any lingering nightmares.

your loving wife,
me

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    LOL!!! The ones I dislike the most are, "blah, blah, blah SAY..." I get mean then.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    Oh, don't I know it! And telemarketers! My husband will say hang on.. then yell for that person real loud into the phone and say, here he or she comes... Will sit the phone down, pick it up every few minutes and say, just a few more minutes. They usually don't call back. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home