Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Who needs Luck?

I was trying to think of how to decorate my little office tree for this season... Figured I should take the cute little valentine look off of it by now :-)
So here is what I came up with.....

Of course I had to do some digging before putting something up.. At work I have that separation of church and state... But hey if they can use my God's name in vain.. Then I can use my God's name too!! So "a witnessing I will go!" Anyway what I found out intrigued me.... St. Patrick is revered by Catholics for establishing Christianity in Irelad during the 5th century AD. It seems he was a teenager when he was captured and sold into slavery in Ireland, 6 yrs later he escaped to France where he later became a monk. Around 432 he returned to Ireland as a missionary and succeeded in converting many of the islands tribes to Christianity. What I thought was really cool, which had me cutting little shamrock, was the folk lore that he used shamrock to teach about the holy trinity!! Too cool! I think I will write trinity on all my little cutouts... Should get some inquiry as why that word is on there as people come in and out of my office. Hmmmmmmm my holiday tree can be used as another witnessing tool....
Oh, check out my little card.... It says "Who needs luck? When you can have faith that overflows!"

8 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Donnetta said…

    What a Fabulously FUN and creative idea!! And for the ultimate goal of sharing Christ and HIS love! Perfectly fantabulous!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great! But, COrina...? Is the crime rate way down in SPrinfield right now or what?

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Dana Pollard said…

    Awesome tree! Isn't it neat how a silly little holiday like St. Patty's Day can be rooted to Christianity? I love it!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said…

    Mom~ thanks-- In my office I hear alot of the evil in the world.. so having that pretty little thing sitting on the table with a Christ theme.. helps keep my mind rooted.

    Holy~ I wish! Springfield is down a little.. But that is why we do Adopt A Block there.... I work in another county... Unfortantly my job has a increase in crime instead of a decrease.

    Dana~ thanks! I get such a joy out of that silly little thing my hubby bought me. I decorate it for every holiday.

    The wonderful Trinity!!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Heather Smith said…

    Awesome way to witness, Corina! You're definitely letting your light shine!! And I totally agree on the fact that they are allowed to take our God's name in vain, so why can't we use it for good!!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said…

    Love the 'trinity' display. I'm sure our God's using that!

    And just between us, thanks for chasing away my friday blues :-)

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Theresa said…

    Glad to find you! Like the blog page...seems we have the same taste. :) And, to top it off, I'm originally from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio! Born and raised - can you believe it? Small world...I'll be stopping by again, can I link you to my page?

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Elozia Marie said…

    Wow, I didn't know the history - that's really cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home