Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Set Straight by God~ the word DISCIPLINE

Have you ever heard a word more "Cringing"? As children we remember that word which usually followed with something like "Now this is gonna hurt me a lot more than its gonna hurt you."~~ RIGHT! No wonder that word makes us tighten our butt cheeks up!
You know... I have been in some real prayer about my relationship with God, my husband, ministry, family, work & life in general..... And what He keeps saying is DISCIPLINE~~~~ Not exactly what I wanted to hear. But my "OK, can I have another word please, God" didn't really work. Especially when the next was "Obedience." So with slumped shoulders I do what I always do when God gives me a word. I go to dictionary.com and type it in. Here is what I found:
Discipline:
A.Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
B.Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control.
C.Control obtained by enforcing compliance or order.
D.A systematic method to obtain obedience: a military discipline.
E.A state of order based on submission to rules and authority: a teacher who demanded discipline in the classroom.
F.Punishment intended to correct or train.
G.A set of rules or methods, as those regulating the practice of a church or monastic order.
H.A branch of knowledge or teaching.

Corina' version
A. Another words I need some help in my attitude and "pattern of behavior"=responses
B. Self-control pretty much summed it up
C. Get in check with what God is saying, Holy Spirit is teaching
D. Uh-oh ~ probably why Obedience was my second word when I tried the "uh don't like that word God, I would like to buy a vowel.~~ I know, too much wheel a fortune when growing up.
E. There's the submission word
F. If don't listen to A-B-C
G. Get more into the Word-- See what HE says about the word Discipline
H. Prayer......... Holy Spirit as our teacher.......

Curious.. I had to look up
obedience..
1: the act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person
2: the trait of being willing to obey (To carry out or fulfill the command, order, or instruction of.)
3: behavior intended to please your parents


You know...... I want all that... I want to obey, show my respect, have the "trait of being willing to obey" and all that it means... Number 3 really hit me.... I want my behavior to please my Father in Heaven.....

So this month I am pursuing Discipline.
I will have to post my notes from last months Word from God in my life...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Corina this Jason how was your turkey day

     

Post a Comment

<< Home