Women of Living Water

A ministry of Women meeting at the Well! Who we are in Christ and everyday life following Him!

Friday, December 15, 2006

More than Rubies Class~

On Thursdays, we have a "More than Rubies" and "Boys of Valor" class. It started and was suppose to be a class for young women to bring thier kids if needed. But God had other plans. So now we have about 23 street kids in one room.
Around 15 Cedarville College students have stepped up to the plate have taken studing Gods word to a whole new level! Not only thru skits, worship songs, bible studies, help with homework, and more importantly, Hugs and acceptance! Here is a letter from one of our amazing Cedarville students~ her words touched my heart ... If only you knew her, seen how God works thru her....below is also my reponse.. God is so BIG.. I am amazed by Him every day.

Dear Corina,
Thanks so much for this past semester. This my very first semester from
home, first time at college. This ministry has not only helped the
children of Springfield, but also me as well. I loved coming every week
at I could. It was so much fun getting to know the kids that came every
week. I want to say that I can definitely see a difference in some of
the kids since they first started coming. They can come to know how to
love the Lord more, or just learn about Him, through this ministry and
I am glad that I am able to be a part of it.
....................


Dear .......
I feel the same way! I love watching them grow, change, express themselves, learn, and realize hope. On Fri & Sat we are on their turf which is so very different than what they see Thursday. The filth, the screaming, the drinking, abuse, etc. I remember one day a couple years ago, this 3 yr old was sitting out on the steps out front by herself (again- she always was outside alone every time I was on that street) with nothing on but dirty panties... she just sat, watched cars go by, prostitutes walk back & forth in-front of her like they never even saw her, cars stopping buying crack, then peeling out.. This "old soul" in a babies body just sat there with no expression on her face, just watching. My husband and I were doing block and knew the girl "Dominique" whom like I said was 3, her mother & her lived in the "house of prostitutes".
That day God showed me her thru HIS eyes, to REALLY see her... I could see her confusion, her hurt, her hope. How she was "not seen". That day, Sim walked up to her and touched her head, she flinched. I got down and talked to her, which opened her, she grinned, hugged me and I then saw a "little girl". After a while we went on to the next, then next. Across the street God put it on me to turn and look at her. I saw that "old soul" again, watching her world. Her mom came out, Dominique ran up to her to hug her, and her mom smacked her away and started calling her names I wouldn't have even called my dog ~before saved! I watched that love she wanted so badly turn into hollowness, at 3!
After that day, I became determined. I want these babies to KNOW that they are of worth, that there ARE people who love them, will hug them, tell them they are beautiful, smart, and CAN become great women and men of God! But most importantly that there is a God that can be their best friend, their mommy, their daddy, everything that they need.
I love Thursdays, you know.... in the van, I have had girls & boys come up hug me on the neck, and tell me thanks & that they love me. One little girl whom I just started knowing from Rubies, never even seen her except on Thursdays about 5 times.. the other day she got in the van and said, "hey you want to talk to my boyfriend on the phone? I told him you were my God mom" I looked at her grinning at me, happy, so sure of my acceptance of her and my new title in her life.... and was humbled. I never even thought of that phrase before "God mom" and what that really should mean.
You girls are not mothers yet................ but God has made it where you gals are more than likely more of a "motherly" figure to these babies, than what they have ever seen. You are showing them what it's suppose to be about. I keep seeing in my mind one of those old fashion wagon wheels (generational curses) that have been rolling thru their lives and God using us like a solid stick shoving us right in between the spokes ,stopping it. Redirecting that wheel and showing them the truth. My prayer... that they will raise their babies not in what they have seen in "their world" but what they have seen thru HIS word. Break that generational curse of poverty, abuse, neglect and hopelessness! That they will become leaders, teachers, doctors, nurses, mothers, .......... whatever God has planned for them! That years later they will think back and not remember my name but remember the name on my lips every time they seen me.
You my dear girl show God to them like a window to heaven. He is using you in such a mighty way to not only be HIS hands and feet..... but to be His heart and lap for these babies whom He loves. He is so very proud of you. Who you have become, and the woman He is forming you to be. Just like those kids, I look forward to seeing you do great and mighty things in your life.
Love ya girl,
In Christ~
Corina
Have a wonderful Birthday party this Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home